addition to the family

nickditoro

English/USA
Ciao a tutti,
sto traducendo una didascalia sotto una foto e mi sono bloccato. Per favore, potete aiutarmi?

Catherine, with the newest addition to her family, grandson Joseph Michael Richards

La mia prova:

Catherine, colla nuova agiunta della sua famiglia, il suo nipote Joseph Michael Richards

Grazie in anticipo.
Nick

• Saoul

Italian
    nickditoro said:
    Ciao a tutti,
    sto traducendo una didascalia sotto una foto e mi sono bloccato. Per favore, potete aiutarmi?

Catherine, with the newest addition to her family, grandson Joseph Michael Richards

La mia prova:

Catherine, con la nuova aggiunta alla sua famiglia, suo nipote Joseph Michael Richards

Grazie in anticipo.
    Nick
    Colla = Glue or con+la in the 70s... 1770 though!

The only problem I see, is that "aggiunta" is not a very sweet word, concerning a child... what about "Catherine, con il nuovo arrivato, suo nipote Joseph Michael Richards"

The newly come has kind of a more familiar sound, and a somewhat more welcoming sense, hasn't it?

nickditoro

English/USA
    Saoul said:
    Colla = Glue or con+la in the 70s... 1770 though!

The only problem I see, is that "aggiunta" is not a very sweet word, concerning a child... what about "Catherine, con il nuovo arrivato, suo nipote Joseph Michael Richards"

The newly come has kind of a more familiar sound, and a somewhat more welcoming sense, hasn't it?
    Saoul, I am always thankful for my mistakes when you correct them! I can go to sleep a more cheerful person! :) I like your suggestion very much. I forgot, however, to stress that this is the newest addition to the family. (Here goes il piu' again, which is my other favorite error. I certainly want to avoid those French connections. ;) (Le donne le piu' belle). Quindi "Catherine, con il piu' nuovo arrivato, ecc."?

Thanks!

Saoul

Italian
    What about con "l'ultimo arrivato" or "il più giovane dei membri della famiglia" or "il più giovane degli eredi"

A few points
    Ultimo arrivato might be also pejorative.

Non sono mica l'ultimo arrivato!
    I'm not dumb!

There's not this sense, in this expression, but you may want to know it, before you use it!

Heird is obviously ironic, in his pompous sense, but funny in my opinion.

(You did take the offence for the "french Joke" or was it just a funny way to memorize it?)

nickditoro

English/USA
    Saoul said:
    What about con "l'ultimo arrivato" or "il più giovane dei membri della famiglia" or "il più giovane degli eredi"

A few points
    Ultimo arrivato might be also pejorative.

Non sono mica l'ultimo arrivato!
    I'm not dumb!

There's not this sense, in this expression, but you may want to know it, before you use it!

Heird is obviously ironic, in his pompous sense, but funny in my opinion.

(You did take the offence for the "french Joke" or was it just a funny way to memorize it?)
    I think the safest choice is "il più giovane dei membri della famiglia".

(Offense? Non mai! I liked it a lot. I studied French a long time before I began to study Italian, so it was no wonder the construction stayed in my mind. Also, I was thinking of the Gene Hackman move, "The French Connection," which made me laugh all the more at the joke. I appreciate your humor!!)

Thanks for helping me with this caption.

Nick

< Previous | Next >