admissibilité / admission

purebliss

korean
Salut,

I'm looking at a university website in france and i'm really confused with the difference between

Admissibilité and Admission.

Merci!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • franc 91

English - GB
    Admissibilité means whether you are admissible or not and admission is admission. ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Michelvar

Quasimodo
    French / France
    Be careful, it depends on which type of school. For the school we call "grandes écoles" and "écoles de commerce", we have :

- concours d'admission : the first part of the competitive examination, which is the written one.
    - être admissible : having successfully passed this first written examination, and therefore being allowed to try the second part of the competitive examination, the oral part.

purebliss

korean
    Be careful, it depends on which type of school. For the school we call "grandes écoles" and "écoles de commerce", we have :

- concours d'admission : the first part of the competitive examination, which is the written one.
    - être admissible : having successfully passed this first written examination, and therefore being allowed to try the second part of the competitive examination, the oral part.
    It is a music conservatory. I'm guessing admissibilite would be performance exam with other documents because it is written in admission it's written 'ecrit' and 'entretiens'..Am I correct?

Michelvar

Quasimodo
    French / France
    Yes you are. For example you can fin this for the Conservatoire de Nantes (theatre class) :
    Retrait du dossier d'inscription début juin 2012. Retour du dossier complété, par correspondance jusqu'à la fin août 2012.

Admissibilité :
    Programme :
    - une scène du répertoire classique ou contemporain (3 min)
    - un parcours libre (3 min)

Admission : stage en septembre pour les élèves admissibles
    First you have "admissibilité", you have to play 3min + 3 min in front of a jury
    Then, if your performance was good, you are "admissible", and you follow a short training course in september. At the end of this training course, you will be "admis", or not.

< Previous | Next >