Admission office ...

roniy

ISRAEL: Fluent Hebrew ( Speak Russian, Learning English)
it's correct to say " The admission office helped me with information"???

admission office is the office that each firm has at the enterence of the building ??????

I have seen " office of admission..." and I'm not sure what I say is correct.

thanks.

• panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    roniy said:
    it'sIs it correct to say " The admission office helped me with information"???

The admission office is the office that each firm has at the enterence entrance to of the building ??????

I have seen " office of admission..." and I'm not sure that what I say is correct.

tThanks.
    I expect that "The admission office..." is "The reception desk....."

Gooney

Canada
    roniy said:
    it's correct to say " The admission office helped me with information"???
    Yes, it's correct.

roniy said:
    admission office is the office that each firm has at the enterence of the building ??????
    Admission office sounds like the office dealing with the admission of new students at a university.

GenJen54

USA - English
    Originally Posted by Gooney
    Admission office sounds like the office dealing with the admission of new students at a university.
    Gooney is correct. "Admissions office" or "Office of Admission" is typically used to describe that department of a school or university which handles the admission of students.

An "admission(s) desk" is sometimes found in a hospital and is where patients check in to be admitted, unless they were admitted through and by the Emergency Room. I suppose this could also be called an "Admissions Office," although in my experience, I have not seen it called such.

The "office that each firm has at the entrance to a building" is, as panj noted, called a "reception desk." It is also known as a "reception area," unless it is in a doctor's office, and then it is called a "waiting room."

< Previous | Next >