admit bullying

kazuhiko fudaba

Japanese
In the article of CNN: Death of girl, 10, shines spotlight on child abuse in Japan, there is a sentence as follows.

Another user tweeted: "Mia's death is delivering a terrifying message to the children (who have) difficulties ---
that adults break promises ily when children admit bullying and abuse to there school. The (numbers of ) kids with
nowhere to go only increases."

Question) Does the bold part grammartically mean "admit being bullied"?, and the bold part "increases" should be
"increase"?

Thank you.

Kazu Fudaba

• owlman5

English-US
    "Admit being bullied" is the likely meaning of "admit bullying" in this context. "Admit bullying" should mean "admit bullying other kids", but it doesn't seem to have that meaning in this example.

"The kids with nowhere to go only increases." -- This is definitely wrong. "The number of kids with nowhere to go only increases." -- This is a sentence that uses "increases" normally.

Loob

English UK
    The quote as currently given in the article is:
    Another user tweeted: "Mia's death is delivering a terrifying message to the children (who have) difficulties -- that adults break promises easily when children admit bullying and abuse to their school. The (numbers of) kids with nowhere to go only increases."

It looks, from the context, as if "admit" should have been something like "report".

kazuhiko fudaba

Japanese
    Thank you for the differnt explanation, but I think I understand the same way .
    I've found English has deep meanings.

Kazu Fudaba

< Previous | Next >