admitir en pago de deudas

Uncle B

German
admitir en pago de deudas is from a list of things the administradores of a company are allowed to do.

Does this mean that they can accept the payment of debt?

• Amapolas

Castellano rioplatense
    The problem is that the "something" is missing in the original what makes me think there's a typo and where it says en pago, it should say el pago.
    Well, the original is not a sentence but a phrase from a list of things the administradores are allowed to do, so I think it may be OK as is. Besides, admitir el pago de deudas, as you propose, and which makes perfect sense, would more simply be stated as cobrar deudas, cobro de deudas, wouldn't it? That's why I thought there was a 'something' the list referred to, something the administrators were allowed to use or work with in different situations. I admit it may be far-fetched.
    Of course, some context would be very helpful.

Uncle B

German
    It is definitely "admitir en pago". Maybe accept something as deposit for debt?

There is no context. It is just a list of allowed activities.

The next allowed activities are: cesiones de bienes de cualquier clase; transigir derechos y acciones.

Uncle B

German
    OK, maybe the sentence should be:

To accept the transfer of goods as payment of debt?

The whole sentence is:

admitir en pago de deudas, cesiones de bienes de cualquier clase; transigir derechos y acciones.

So maybe this is one phrase?: admitir cesiones de bienes de cualquier clase en (como?) pago de deudas?

Amapolas

Castellano rioplatense

To accept the transfer of goods as payment of debt?:tick:

The whole sentence is:

admitir en pago de deudas, cesiones de bienes de cualquier clase; transigir derechos y acciones.

So maybe this is one phrase?: admitir cesiones de bienes de cualquier clase en (como?) pago de deudas?
    You should've included the whole sentence in the first place. ;) I thought it was a list of isolated phrases.

Anyway, as I surmised, there was a something--'cesiones de bienes de cualquier clase'--which is what they can accept as payment. So my response above still applies.

In future, please remember to provide the whole sentence, and to include as much context as you can.

Saludos.

Uncle B

German
    Thanks a lot! Yes, you are right. It is always better to include the whole sentence ha ha. Lesson learned! I love this forum! You guys should answer general questions about life as well. We might be able to solve all the problems here.

MiguelitOOO

Banned
    Español - México
    The phrase "admitir en pago" is legal terminology and replaces the simple phrase "aceptar los pagos" in order to avoid allegations like "they permitted me to accept money" (bribery/corruption) in trials.

In English is called "collect payments" (accept payments for others).

Circunflejo

Castellano de Castilla

To accept the transfer of goods as payment of debt?

The whole sentence is:

admitir en pago de deudas, cesiones de bienes de cualquier clase
    Now that you include the full sentence it all makes sense and even you got it right by yourself. However, I think that the wording would have been better if they had wrote: admitir cesiones de bienes de cualquier clase en pago de deudas.

Ciprianus

Banned
    Castellano Argentina
    En inglés, "en pago" significa "as payment".
    Por ejemplo, "Bank Of America DOES NOT Accept DOLLARS As Payment On Mortgages In USA"

< Previous | Next >