adopt them vs new technologies taking vs in order to take advantage

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
Hi, I would please ask you which of the expressions in bold is more appropriate in the following (I would opt for the third):
I believe that it is vital for the bank to keep up-to-date with advancements in technology and adopt them taking advantage of market opportunities available through the digital transformation process that the banking industry is experiencing.
I believe that it is vital for the bank to keep up-to-date with advancements in technology and adopt new technologies taking advantage of market opportunities available ...
I believe that it is vital for the bank to keep up-to-date with advancements in technology and adopt them in order to take advantage of market opportunities available ...

• Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    do you think that it is more appropriate to use adopt or implement
    Adopt is more appropriate. You do not implement an advancement. The advancement has already happened. What you can implement is solutions that make use of those technological advancements.

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
    Adopt is more appropriate. You do not implement an advancement. The advancement has already happened. What you can implement is solutions that make use of those technological advancements.
    Hi Edinburgher, and thank you for your detailed explanation. Do you think that it is better to use is experiencing or has been experiencing?

Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    Do you think that it is better to use is experiencing or has been experiencing?
    That question is strictly-speaking off-topic, but the choice between those two options depends on the underlying facts and how you want to colour them. With "is", you are implying (or emphasizing) that the transformation process is currently ongoing, while with "has been" you are focusing more on the part of the transformation that has already happened, irrespective of whether it is continuing or stagnating.

By the way, as is often the case, your sentence is much too long. :)

< Previous | Next >