adopting and heating up

felixxxx

Banned
Italian
—Is it correct the use of adopting and heating up in the following sentence: transient energy balance analysis suggested that adopting contact joint with surface of about 3 cm2 allows to limit the heating up to 0,1K in 10 s

• Estif

English (US)
    It looks like it still has some problems. Here's what I think you're trying to say

Transient energy balance analysis suggested that using a contact joint with a surface area of about 3.2cm limited the heat output to 0.1K in 10 s.

owlman5

English-US
    I'm sorry, felixxxx, but the rules do not allow members to proofread sentences. We are allowed to answer one specific language question in each thread. When you ask if the "rest of the sentence" is correct, you are asking for proofreading. This time, I will answer your question by correcting most of your sentence: Transient energy balance analysis suggested that using a contact joint with a surface area of about 3 cm2 allows (?) to limit the heating up to 0,1K in 10 s

Did you mean "allows the heating to be limited to 0,1K in 10 s?"

In the future, though, please don't ask members to proofread your sentences. Okay? You are always welcome to ask a specific question about some word or phrase in your sentence. If you have more than one specific language question for a sentence, you must post each question in a separate thread. Now would be a good time for you to read our rules in the "English Only Guidelines" at the top of the page. Thank you.

< Previous | Next >