Samjang

Swedish
Los Riveros poseen también acciones en la televisión PAT (Periodistas Asociados de Televisión), canal televisivo que ha sido adquirido recientemente por la familia Daher.

I am translating an interview concerning news media in Bolivia and I wonder what "adquirido" means in the above sentence and what context it gives. Is the context
1. that PAT have been bought by the Daher family recently,
2. that the Rivero family recently have bought PAT from the Daher family,
3. that the Daher family have started PAT recently,
4. or something else?

Thanks on beforehand!

• Carrie2

English, UK
    I think you're right with option 1. I'd translate quite closely: The Riveros also own shares in the television channel PAT (Associated Television Journalists), which was recently acquired by the Daher family.

There are various options for what to do about "PAT", of course.

Añadido: Tazx, no te estoy persiguiendo, ¡te lo prometo! :)

Indy500

USA English
    Los Riveros poseen también acciones en la televisión PAT (Periodistas Asociados de Televisión), canal televisivo que ha sido adquirido recientemente por la familia Daher.

I am translating an interview concerning news media in Bolivia and I wonder what "adquirido" means in the above sentence and what context it gives. Is the context
    1. that PAT have been bought by the Daher family recently,
    2. that the Rivero family recently have bought PAT from the Daher family,
    3. that the Daher family have started PAT recently,
    4. or something else?

Thanks on beforehand!

The Riveros also own shares in the PAT, a television channel that was recently acquired (bought) by the Daher family.