adujo (Mexican politics)

gingerbread

english scotland
Hi there i am doing a translation from spanish to english for uni. It is an article relating to the attempted "desafuero" of Lopez Obrador before the Mexican elections in 2006.

En la farsa montada contra Andrés Manuel López Obrador en el Congreso de la Unión uno puede escoger cualquiera de estas definiciones. Pero, para los casos de los diputados que argumentaron el desafuero, de los 360 que lo votaron y del Ministerio Público -"el de la voz"- que en su confuso modo de decir adujo los imaginarios fundamentos jurídicos, me gusta más la tercera acepción.
I have put some of the words or phrases that i am not entirely sure about in bold type and underlined. below you can see how i have translated it. i would be greteful if you could tell me whether i have got the basic idea of teh article. Thanks in advance

In the farce mounted against Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador in the Mexican Congress one is able to use either one of these definitions. However in the case of the congressmen that argued for the stripping of his political status, of the 360 that voted for in favour and in the case of the public prosecutor- “he who speaks”-who puts forward in a confused way imaginary legal grounds I prefer to use the third definition.

• frida-nc

English USA
    Very fine translation. A few suggestions:

In the farce mounted against Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador in the Mexican Congress, one is able to use/one could use either one of these definitions. However, in the cases of the congressmen that argued for the stripping of his political status, the 360 that voted
    for in favour of it, and in the case of the public prosecutor- “he who speaks”-who, in his confused way, puts forward imaginary legal groundsfor it, I prefer to use the third definition.

Good luck!

< Previous | Next >