Adult look

< Previous | Next >

Rodan22

Japanese
Hi! I just want to know if you say or write "Adult look" is there any connotation? By the way, I am translating fashion related Japanese articles to English.
"Mature" does not fit...

• Rodan22

Japanese
    "Make an adult look by your eyes by writing in brown tone eyeliner a little upwards and use black mascara to emphasize elegance." This time it was rather about makeup.;

lingobingo

English - England
    Create a sophisticated look by defining your eyes with brown eyeliner swept slightly upwards, and use black mascara for additional elegance.

Rodan22

Japanese
    Create a sophisticated look by defining your eyes with brown eyeliner swept slightly upwards, and use black mascara for additional elegance.
    Thanks for brushing up the sentence. I want to know for future refernece when you find " adult look " or " adulty look " does it make sense? Or I should not use this term. Rather use " sophisticate" as you did.

lingobingo

English - England
    "Adult look" makes some kind of sense if you're addressing people who are not yet grown up, e.g. children who are "dressing up". But the word "adult" has come to have other (indecent) connotations that make any such use inappropriate. And there is no such word as "adulty". My advice would be to avoid using the word "adult" in the context of fashion and make-up, etc.

Rodan22

Japanese
    "Adult look" makes some kind of sense if you're addressing people who are not yet grown up, e.g. children who are "dressing up". But the word "adult" has come to have other (indecent) connotations that make any such use inappropriate. And there is no such word as "adulty". My advice would be to avoid using the word "adult" in the context of fashion and make-up, etc.
    Thank you! This will help me a lot!

< Previous | Next >