Advanced Learner's Dictionary

Status
Not open for further replies.

papa_pitufo

Granada (Spain)
Hi, Today I've bought Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary.

My mother language is Spanish and I'm learning English that's because I decided to buy that kind of dictionary for learners. I decided to bought one in paper, I went at the bookshop and I didn't which one to buy, after a while looking through the pages I decided to buy the Oxford option.

Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary was good as well but it was more expensive.

I've just seen that the digital dictionary is in internet and I can download it freely, but anyhow I felt like to buy it in paper, Look up on the book make me more satisfaction.

Well I've bought the dictionary already but I wanted to answer which one among the diferents dictionaries (Only writted in English) is better for everyone.

Thanks.

• papa_pitufo

Granada (Spain)
    I see wordreference's stuff moved my thread thanks I was not sure where to put it...

Before I said "answer" obviusly I wanted to say "ask"!!.

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Hello Papá Pitufo,

We have had three or four lengthy discussions of monolingual English dictionaries in this forum. Please use the Search function to find them, or contact me by PM if you need help.

There is no such thing as a "best" dictionary. The one you bought is among the many good ones.

Regards,
    cuchuflete

PD- If you have specific questions about the OALD or other dictionaries, please add them to one of the existing dictionary threads. I'm going to close this thread to avoid repetition of prior conversations.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >