Advantage or advantages

Mar3

Persian
Hello dear members,

I am a little bit confused and don't know which one of the following sentences might be correct,

1) The growth parameters derived from the calibration phase are other important advantages of this method.

2) The growth parameters derived from the calibration phase is another important advantage of this method.

Can you please help me?
Thank you very much

• Uncle Jack

British English
    I would probably regard the growth parameters as a single thing, and use "is another".

If you have listed out individual parameters, then the plural may be more appropriate, but I might expect the sentence to then begin with "these" rather than "the".

How are growth parameters an advantage? Are you sure you don't mean something like "finding the growth parameters..."?

Mar3

Persian
    Thank you for your response,

Only through a particular method we can get these parameters; that's why it's considered as an advantage.

I would probably regard the growth parameters as a single thing, and use "is another".

If you have listed out individual parameters, then the plural may be more appropriate, but I might expect the sentence to then begin with "these" rather than "the".

How are growth parameters an advantage? Are you sure you don't mean something like "finding the growth parameters..."?

Uncle Jack

British English
    Only through a particular method we can get these parameters; that's why it's considered as an advantage.
    But that isn't what the sentence says. It says that the growth parameters are an advantage in themselves. You should have something line "Being able to get growth parameters..."

< Previous | Next >