Adventure to the adventurous

eritranslator

italian
Hi everybody, could someone tell me what does the saying "adventure to the adventurous" mean exactely?
I found this definition "mid-19th century saying indicating that exciting and unusual experiences are most likely to be undergone by those who have deliberately sought them" on a dictionary I never heard talking about. Is it right?

• velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    From an American newspaper of 1940. Unfortunately the relevant page is not available without a subscription.
    This is the only relevant "saying" that I could find:

Life is an adventure to the venturesome; a hell to the timid.
    Source: "adventure to the venturesome"" - Αναζήτηση Google

The meaning is that daring people will enjoy the new and exciting experiences that life brings, whereas timid people will not be able to handle them. However, I don't know whether this saying has anything to do with the one you found, eritranslator. The phrase "Adventure to the adventurous" doesn't seem to have any specific meaning in itself. Which dictionary did you find it in?

eritranslator

italian
    Here is the entire sentence: To sum up, I have always found that life is what you make it, and have often proved the truth of the saying, "Adventures to the adventurous."
    I found it on Encyclopedia.com, but I don't know if it's trustworthy

< Previous | Next >