Adventure / Venture

Jiefar

chinese
Hmm..
I want to distinguish the differences between this words.
In my opinion,I think that the one is related to mental problems and the other is related to financial ones.

SO..Please help me^^ Thank you very much..

• Matching Mole

England, English
    There is no relation between "adventure" and mental problems that I am aware of.

You should really look these two words up in the dictionary look up at the top of the page. This will tell you all you need to know about the difference between them. If you still have particular difficulties understanding, come back and ask then.

Jiefar

chinese
    Hmm...simply,I just want to distinguish what's the difference between "adventure" and "venture"@@...

river

U.S. English
    Venture can be a noun: an undertaking involving risk. The explorer's venture took him into uncharted territory. Or a verb: to expose to risk. He ventured a week's wages on a bet.

Adventure is a noun: a risky undertaking promising excitement. The Adventures of Huckleburry Finn

JeffJo

USA
    USA, English
    The difference is the prefix 'ad-'. :) The two words were originally the same. "Venture" lost its prefix through aphesis.

Because of their common origin, the two words are closely related, so a careful study of the dictionary would be a good idea, to learn the difference.

arueng

CHINESE
    Venture can be a noun: an undertaking involving risk. The explorer's venture took him into uncharted territory. Or a verb: to expose to risk. He ventured a week's wages on a bet.

Adventure is a noun: a risky undertaking promising excitement. The Adventures of Huckleburry Finn
    Hi,

Is it the same to say "The explorer's adventure ... territory?"

Besides, is it right to use either ventures and adventures in the following? Thanks in advance.

John is fond of many kinds of ventures/adventures. After climbing Mt. Ali. he'll try bungee jumping.

< Previous | Next >