adverse

< Previous | Next >

77Cat77

Chinese
The following sentences come from JAMS_COMPREHENSIVE_ARBITRATION_RULES.
"Entities whose interests are not adverse with respect to the issues in dispute shall be treated as a single Party for purposes of the Arbitrator selection process. JAMS shall determine whether the interests between entities are adverse for purposes of Arbitrator selection, considering such factors as whether the entities are represented by the same attorney and whether the entities are presenting joint or separate positions at the Arbitration."

It's hard for me to accurately understand the meanings of the two sentences above.
Considering there are three entities, My understanding is
Any entity whose relationships with the other one is not opposite regarding the issues in dispute will be considered as a single Party, for this is good for arbitrator selection process. JAMS will determine whether the relationships between entities are opposite for purposes of arbitrator selection, considering such factors as ... "
Can any one help me to rephrase these two sentences with plain words?

• PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    Any entity whose relationships with the other one is not opposite regarding the issues in dispute will be considered as a single Party :thumbsup:
    for this is good for arbitrator selection process. :thumbsdown: in matters concerning the Arbitrator selection process.:thumbsup:
    JAMS will determine whether the relationships between entities are opposite for purposes of arbitrator selection, and in doing so, it will consider such factors as ... " :thumbsup:

77Cat77

Chinese
    Any entity whose relationships with the other one is not opposite regarding the issues in dispute will be considered as a single Party :thumbsup:
    for this is good for arbitrator selection process. :thumbsdown: in matters concerning the Arbitrator selection process.:thumbsup:
    JAMS will determine whether the relationships between entities are opposite for purposes of arbitrator selection, and in doing so, it will consider such factors as ... " :thumbsup:
    Thank you, PaulQ!

< Previous | Next >