Advice to my sentence

kenny4528

Mandarin, Taiwan
Hi, friends around the world

I read a question on the book and decided to give it a try:
If you were seated next to somone on a plane who continually coughed and sneezed. what would you do?

My struggling answer to the question:
If someone next to me on the plane is keeping coughing and sneezing, I might be asking flight attendants to arrange a new seat for me. I know it would probably be a little offensive to him, but I have to avoid getting sick because I am vulnerable.

The underlined parts are probably incorrect logically(I think), and I can sense the whole paragraph seems not to flow very well. I would be thankful for any comments you offer.

• perfavore

USA
    Philippines - Tagalog
    Hi, friends around the world

I read a question on the book and decided to give it a try:
    If you were seated next to somone on a plane who continually coughed and sneezed. what would you do?

My struggling answer to the question:
    If someone next to me on the plane is keeping kept coughing and sneezing, I might be asking the flight attendants to arrange for a new seat for me. I know it would probably be a little offensive to him/her, but I have to avoid getting sick because I am vulnerable.

The underlined parts are probably incorrect logically(I think), and I can sense the whole paragraph seems not to flow very well. I would be thankful for any comments you offer.

It's not bad at all.
    perfavore

PS. Say, "Advice for my sentence"

cycloneviv

English - Australia
    Regarding the section "I know it might be a little offensive to him/her", I find this unclear as to whether it means the flight attendant or the other passenger. Perhaps you could make that more clear by saying "I know it might be a little offensive to my fellow passenger".

kenny4528

Mandarin, Taiwan
    Thank you, perfavore.:)
    By the way, I wonder if I can use that person to replace him/her, or are there other alternatives work here?

perfavore

USA
    Philippines - Tagalog
    Regarding the section "I know it might be a little offensive to him/her", I find this unclear as to whether it means the flight attendant or the other passenger. Perhaps you could make that more clear by saying "I know it might be a little offensive to my fellow passenger".

I think the context points to the fellow passenger since the flight attendant would understand why the passenger is making such a request but there is nothing wrong in being perfectly clear.

kenny4528

Mandarin, Taiwan

Thanks, you have a food point.:)