advocacy project

Jacoba

España español
Please, could someone explain to me what is an advocacy project?
I have found it in an article about feminism and gays' issues, and how they are treated by international media, comunity organizations, social services, and legal rights and advocacy projects.
I would be very grateful for every clue.

• Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    I think advocacy project is an action that supports someone/something, in your case feminism and gays. The people who arrange it act (by pleading, for instance) in favour of them.

Tom

Trisia

Romanian
    I think advocacy project is an action that supports someone/something, in your case feminism and gays. The people who arrange it act (by pleading, for instance) in favour of them.

Tom
    I think that summarises it rather well. I would note that an advocacy project will probably include more than one action - it's a bit like planning a political campaign :p

David

Banned
    An advocacy project is the organized effort of a group, most often a non-governmental organization or NGO, to engage in political and lobbying efforts to bring about some change in government policy, public awareness, etc.

Groups engaged in such activities are said to be "advocating," that is, trying to persuade others of the value of, some policy or political position.

I like your name. A hundred years ago, my family lived on Jakoba street!

< Previous | Next >