AE/BE Spelling differences.

te gato

Alberta--TGE (te gato English)
cuchuflete said:
from a not very politcally correct website:

Note: If you are humorless or easily offended, or both,

do NOT read this post.

If you choose to read it, and are then tempted to complain, please direct those complaints, in perfect English, to http://www.tealdragon.net/humor/compares/cultures.htm

thanks,
Cuchuflete

Americans: Spell words differently, but still call it "English."
Brits: Pronounce their words differently, but still call it "English."
Canadians: Spell like the Brits; pronounce worse than the Americans.
Aussies: Add "G'day", "mate" and a heavy accent to everything they say in an attempt to get laid.

Brits: Shop at home and have goods imported because they live on an island.
Aussies: Shop at home and have goods imported because they live on an island.
Americans: Cross their southern border for cheap shopping, gas, liquor and cigarettes in a backwards country.
Canadians: Cross their southern border for cheap shopping, gas, liquor and cigarettes in a backwards country.

Cuchu;
Ok...thank you for the laugh..again..:D
One little point about the Canadians..and don't tell anyone..
it is all true!!
te gato;)

• Outsider

Portuguese (Portugal)
    MadTomVane said:
    That's about all I know. I hope someone found this useful. I've been waiting for almost 4 years for an excuse to write all this somewhere.
    It was very interesting. Thank you. :)

Outsider

Portuguese (Portugal)
    mjscott said:
    I would imagine some French-speaking people don't put accent marks on stuff for the same reasons Spanish people don't put accent marks on stuff.
    I think you misunderstood the posts before yours. It's not that Franch-speaking people do not use accents in French words. They do.
    It's that English-speaking people sometimes leave out the accents when they employ French words.

mjscott said:
    You have to write it in WORD, copy and paste it into the reply box in order for it to transfer on a posting. When in Argentina, there were high school students who decided that accent marks were not that important (unless you want someone to be clear about what you're saying!)

AE = Ampere
    Regional keyboards include accents. Even those that do not can write accent marks via option keys. See here, for instance.

gaer

US-English
    Outsider said:
    I think you misunderstood the posts before yours. It's not that Franch-speaking people do not use accents in French words. They do.
    It's that English-speaking people sometimes leave out the accents when they employ French words.

Regional keyboards include accents. Even those that do not can write accent marks via option keys. See here, for instance.
    I think a better solution is to use a macro program, because changing keyboard layouts every time you want to type in another language gets insane very quickly. :)

Gaer