AEA (Advanced Extension Award)

**jane**

England, English
Hello,
I was just wondering how I should explain this on my French CV? Is there any equivalent in France?

Here is the definition from Wikipedia if that helps:
In 2008 25.8% of all A level subjects were given an A grade, and there were renewed calls for a better system of differentiation between higher-level candidates to be introduced.[1] The AEAs were introduced in June 2002 as a way of tackling this problem.
The Advanced Extension Awards is a type of UK school-leaving qualification. They were introduced in 2002, in response to the British Government's Excellence in Cities report, as a means of testing students at the most demanding standards found across the world. They are aimed at the top 10% of students in the British A Level tests

Thanks!

• Michelvar

quasimodo
    French from France
    We don't have the equivalent in french system. It would be a good idea to keep it in eglish, with an explanation :
    Français : A level + AEA (classé dans les meilleurs 10% nationaux)

trufflyesme

English - UK
    On my cv, I left the initials in English as well, and added in brackets soemthing like 'examination optionnelle de haut niveau', but it's been a while so I can't remember exactly! I quite like Michelvar's versions though.

Michelvar

quasimodo
    French from France
    On my cv, I left the initials in English as well, and added in brackets soemthing like 'examination optionnelle de haut niveau', but it's been a while so I can't remember exactly! I quite like Michelvar's versions though.
    :) if you don't want to ruin your effect, you should prefer "examen optionnel de haut niveau"!

< Previous | Next >