Affix the/a visa to my passport><put the/a visa to my passport

Dilbarhossainchy

Bengali
Context:
My friend lives aboard and his visa expired.
Now he wants to say his boss where he works to add visa to his passport so that he can live legally.

So, would you mind letting me know whether he can say this one "Could you please affix the/a visa to my passport, sir?" Or "Could you please put the/a visa to my passport, sir?"?

Thousands of thanks in advance πŸ™πŸ™

• Dilbarhossainchy

Bengali
    I would use 'attach'.
    Thousands of thanks to you, sirπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

london calling

UK English
    1. Not all countries use a physical visa (a piece of paper in the form of a stamp) which can be attached/stuck on a passport('affixed' sounds very old-fashioned). Plenty of countries just stamp your passport.
    2. His boss can neither stick a visa on his passport nor stamp his passport: only the competent authority can do that.

heypresto

English - England
    Thousands of thanks to you, sirπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
    Was my answer really that good? :D

LVRBC

English-US, standard and medical
    Context:
    My friend lives aboard and his visa expired.
    Now he wants to say his boss where he works to add visa to his passport so that he can live legally.

So, would you mind letting me know whether he can say this one "Could you please affix the/a visa to my passport, sir?" Or "Could you please put the/a visa to my passport, sir?"?

Thousands of thanks in advance πŸ™πŸ™
    I am a little bit puzzled. Certainly your friend's boss can apply, or validate your friend's application, for the visa to be renewed, since he's still working in that country. But only the immigration authorities of that country can issue a visa and, in those countries where the visa is actually attached to the passport, attach it.

Dilbarhossainchy

Bengali
    1. Not all countries use a physical visa (a piece of paper in the form of a stamp) which can be attached/stuck on a passport('affixed' sounds very old-fashioned). Plenty of countries just stamp your passport.
    2. His boss can neither stick a visa on his passport nor stamp his passport: only the competent authority can do that.
    Many many thanks to you πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Dilbarhossainchy

Bengali
    I am a little bit puzzled. Certainly your friend's boss can apply, or validate your friend's application, for the visa to be renewed, since he's still working in that country. But only the immigration authorities of that country can issue a visa and, in those countries where the visa is actually attached to the passport, attach it.
    Thank you very much πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™