1. Karinaalv New Member

mexico español
    traduccion de afterthought

2. irmab Member

Mexico / Spanish
    afterthought -> ocurrencia tardía, idea de último momento

3. Magda Member

USA - English
    it occurred to me as an afterthought that … = después se me ocurrió que …
    the last song was added on as an afterthought = la última canción fue una idea de último momento
    Amy was a bit of an afterthought = Amy nació cuando ya no pensaban tener más niños
    they invited me as an afterthought = no habían pensado invitarme

4. Aleda Senior Member

Santa Fé
    Spanish Argentina
    o también se dice cuando alguien pensó o no dos veces antes de hacer algo, por ej: "With no aftertought he went out and screamed to everybody".

5. cristóbal Senior Member

EEUU
    EEUU/Inglés
    quieres decir "forethought"?

6. Jade Senior Member

Valencia
    german - spanish
    Como se traduciría entonces after thought area?

7. Terry Mount Senior Member

U S A
    un contexto para "after thought area"?

8. Terry Mount Senior Member

U S A
    "With no further thought" = sin pensar más

9. gdiaz Senior Member

Valparaíso, Chile
    Chile - Español
    With no aftertought he went out and screamed to everybody - Sin pensarlo dos veces, salió y les gritó a todos.

it occurred to me as an afterthought that … - Se me ocurrió de repente/a última hora que...

La palabra tiene sentidos diversos segun el contexto. Get it?

10. Oven Senior Member

La serena
    Chile, Spanish,pseudo-English, lame portuguese and french
    y una traduccion para forethought? Se podria decir 'vision' en el sentido de la idea de un visionario ?

11. Terry Mount Senior Member

U S A
    Hi, gdiaz. Your second example here is excellent, but I don't get the first English version: With no aftertought he went out and screamed to everybody.

And I find only two meanings in my Merriam-Webster::

afterthought = Reflection after an act. In the sentence provided, it doesn't seem that this refers to "after the act of screaming but before it.

= a later or subsequent thought or expedient. Again, this seems to refer to before the screaming rather than subsequent to it. At least, that's the way I read it. To me, 'afterthought' sounds very strange.

So I guess I don't get it. I'm not trying to be difficult. It may simply be that I don't understand fully the meaning of "afterthought."

12. Terry Mount Senior Member

U S A
    Forethought = la deliberación mental que se hace antes de tomar una acción o decisión:

13. gdiaz Senior Member

Valparaíso, Chile
    Chile - Español
    The person went out and screamed after a first reflection without a second one, but all this before the act.