Ag??? on the noisy neighbor

< Previous | Next >

Lillita

Hungarian
Hiya everyone,

I work as a receptionist and I am having a hard time trying to figure out what a guest wrote into our guestbook. She has such an illegible handwriting. The part "the noisy neighbor" is quite readable but I am at a loss trying to make out the letters of the first two words of the sentence. The first word seems to begin with "Ag" and I guess the second word is "on". I have checked entries in the dictionary but I found no solution to my problem. So, the sentence goes more or less like this:
Ag??? on the noisy neighbor.
Could someone help me, please? Thanks a lot in advance! ;)

• bibliolept

AE, Español
    How long is the word? Did the person write anything else that might be relevant? If someone above also complained about the neighbor, this person may have written "agree on the the noisy neighbor."

xqby

English (U.S.)
    Those make far more sense than my two suggestions of "aggro" and "egging."
    I will go put on my dunce cap.

Lillita

Hungarian
    Oh, thanks a lot!!! It must be "agree on the noisy neighbor"! At least I figured out well that the word had three more letters! :D Many guests have complained about the bar next door that plays music even late at night. I should have known that...

Thank you very much.

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    "Agree on the noisy neighbour" would certainly make sense if others have already commented on this in the guestbook.
    If they haven't, the guest might still be agreeing with what she has heard others say, but that seems a lot less likely.

< Previous | Next >