age, shape / shape, age [Order of adjectives]

Trattore

Italian - Italy
Hi!
I have seen this different sequences:
General opinion, Specific opinion, Size, Temperature, Age, Shape, Color, Nationality, Material
General opinion, Specific opinion, Size, Temperature, Shape, Age, Color, Nationality, Material

Please can you explain me which is the right order between Age and Shape

Please could you help me also for the position of Fast, Clean and Expensive?

Thank you
Best regards

• RM1(SS)

English - US (Midwest)
    I have seen this these different sequences:
    General opinion, Specific opinion, Size, Temperature, Age, Shape, Color, Nationality, Material
    General opinion, Specific opinion, Size, Temperature, Shape, Age, Color, Nationality, Material

I could use either, depending on the rest of the phrase.

I think I would lump those together as specific opinions.

RedwoodGrove

English, USA
    I have seen this different sequences:

I have never been able to state any rule regarding this without looking it up. Here's one web page that seems correct: Adjectives: order - English Grammar Today - Cambridge Dictionary It is probably instinctive for most speakers. I have read that it goes from more specific to more general, and that makes sense. "fat old men" versus "old fat men". It also depends on what you want to stress.
    A few years ago there was a commercial that came on the radio about every minute and a half, 24/7: "Get your loan fast, cheap, and easy.

< Previous | Next >