Agency carer / in-house carer


Senior Member
France - français
I'd like to understand the difference between an agency carer and an in-house carer. Is the first one private and not the second one?
The context : we're talking about foster care, children placed into care, in the UK.

The sentence : "When children are first brought into care the social services try to place them with their own 'in-house' carers inside the county, but if there are no places available, they place them with an agency carer, either within the county or as close to it as possible."

I understand that "in-house carer" = famille d'accueil à domicile, but I guess you can't half-place a child, so an agency carer must take care of him in his own house too...
That's why I guess the difference is private / not private.

  • < Previous | Next >