agit directement sur le bien etre de la poule

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by mustafa10, Dec 19, 2006.

1. mustafa10 Member

French France
    Hi guys !!!

I am looking for a better way of saying this following sentence in english:

Kalikok agit directement sur le bien-etre de la poule: ses reserves osseuses sont améliorées, réduisant ainsi le syndrome de la fatigue des poules en cage et son absorption intestinale est favorisée.

Ma traduction donne: " KALIKOK acts directly on the hen welfare: it bone reserves are improved, thereby decreasing the syndrome of the pullets tiredness out of cage and its intestinal absorption is favored."

Does it sound good? or there is something better to use?

Awaiting your feedback

2. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Senior Member

Australia
    Canada, English
    Hi Mustafa. Is it some sort of food?

You did a pretty good job translating. Here's my try:

"Kalikok has a direct effect (or impact) on the hens' well-being by improving bone reserves, thereby decreasing the fatigue syndrome of caged hens and improving their intestinal absorption."

My problem with the sentence is that it seems to go from singular to plural (from "bien-etre de la poule" to "des poules en cage ", so I wasn't sure if I should write "their" or "it's" intestinal absorption. To rectify this, I made everything plural.

3. mustafa10 Member

French France
    Rocketgirl,

Yes Kalikok is a sort of hens food improving the quality of the hen egg

thank you, thank you a lottttttttttt rocket

Mustafa

4. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Senior Member

Australia
    Canada, English
    :D

5. Coppers Senior Member

South Yorkshire
    English - England
    Kalikok promotes hens' well-being?

6. Gez Senior Member

French (France)
    The sentence itself is singular, the plural is part of a noun group: Kalikok agit directement sur le bien-être de la poule : ses reserves osseuses sont améliorées, réduisant ainsi le syndrome de la fatigue de poules en cage [(pour cette poule)] et son absorption intestinale est favorisée.