Ah perro/perrillo

Harmony Welch

Español
Hello, everyone! I'm trying to translate some dialogues from Spanish to English. There is a expression that I'm not sure its equivalent. The context is a team planning and one of the members says a strategy to follow. Another memeber says:

"Ah, perrillo. ¡Bien pensado!"

I've heard this expression but using "perro" instead of "perrillo" and I know is used to admire someone's intelligence.

Does someone know an expression in English?

Thanks in advanced. 😺

• Mr.Dent

English - all over the USA
    Not an exact translation, but "You're the man." sounds like it would fit in this particular context.

LVRBC

English-US, standard and medical
    Not an exact translation, but "You're the man." sounds like it would fit in this particular context.
    I would recommend something a little more inclusive, like "Good thinking" or "Smart move," or "Damn - you've got this figured out," or even "woah, you've got this."

Harmony Welch

Español
    I would recommend something a little more inclusive, like "Good thinking" or "Smart move," or "Damn - you've got this figured out," or even "woah, you've got this."

Yes, it could be. I was thinking "Damn dude! Good idea!" or something like that. Thanks for your comments. 😸

PamelaAD

Spanish - Costa Rica
    Hello, everyone! I'm trying to translate some dialogues from Spanish to English. There is a expression that I'm not sure its equivalent. The context is a team planning and one of the members says a strategy to follow. Another memeber says:

"Ah, perrillo. ¡Bien pensado!"

I've heard this expression but using "perro" instead of "perrillo" and I know is used to admire someone's intelligence.

Does someone know an expression in English?

Thanks in advanced. 😺
    I was thinking "Damn dude! Good idea!" or something like that.

Hello, I would say a possible translation could be: "Woah, someone's quick witted! Good idea!".

But I think "Damn dude! Good idea!" would work as well.