Al tiempo que se contribuye con el embellecimiento...

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by runawaymorena, Feb 20, 2008.

1. runawaymorena Member

Buenos Aires
    U.S. English
    context: wireless technology

“Al tiempo que se contribuye con el embellecimiento del entorno y es menos vulnerable ante las inclemencias del tiempo, se ofrece un señal de óptima calidad, sin interrupciones”, expresó Bonilla.

?: I'm having trouble understanding the first part.

my attempt:
    “While contributing to the embellishment of its surroundings and being less vulnerable to the harshness of time, we are offering a signal of optimal quality, without interruptions,” expressed Bonilla.

2. Isa88

Isa88 Senior Member

spanish - Colombia
    Quieres corregir el texto en inglés?

Tienes un error en el texto en español: UNA SEÑAL y no UN SEÑAL

3. runawaymorena Member

Buenos Aires
    U.S. English
    I'm traslating into English, so I don't care about the errors in Spanish. I just want to make sure I have the right idea in English.

4. stooge1970

stooge1970 Senior Member

Paris
    English/USA
    I'm not quite sure how to translate the first part, but I think "las inclemencias del tiempo" is actually "inclement weather". Knowing the sentence that comes before it might make it easier to help.

Stooge

5. elcanarioinglés Senior Member

Woodcutts, Wessex
    English English
    definitely "less susceptible to weather damage" in this case.
    Really need some more context from before this sentence to make more sense of it.

6. Bevj

Bevj Allegra Moderata

Girona, Spain
    English (U.K.)
    Agreed. But which unfortunately nine years later, we are not likely to get :(

7. elcanarioinglés Senior Member

Woodcutts, Wessex
    English English
    We are by nature pedantic on this site: "...gramática española..." :)
    No podemos asegurarnos de una traducción adecuada si hay errores en el texto original.

8. elcanarioinglés Senior Member

Woodcutts, Wessex
    English English
    Ooops. Did not spot that. Just spotted this near the top of the list due to the recent comment.

Note to self: pay more attention to posting dates.