English - England
what does this mean?
- po na bahen nja 8 muj qe jena bashk kshuqe mir krejt deritash
- hajt shyqyr, spo flas ma se po te mar msysh
- pa merak, po ti naj gja kshu ;), naj pelqim apo hyq hyq

Last edited by a moderator:
  • AgonSK

Italian and Albanian
    The conversation is in the Gegë dialect and contains some highly dialectical and slang expressions. I'll try to translate it:

- po na bahen nja 8 muj qe jena bashk kshuqe mir krejt deritash (spelling mistake: it's "deri tash", which means "until now")

--> It's been 8 months since we're together, everything it's going good until now.

- hajt shyqyr, spo flas ma se po te mar msysh

--> Ok very good/Thank God, I'm not gonna talk anymore, because "we could fall victim to a sorcery". Difficult to translate, but the main point is that the situation is good and he/she hopes there won't be any problems. Like when someone is experiencing a good period and is afraid something bad might happen if he/she isn't cautious enough. Hence the "I'm not gonna talk anymore" (As if talking too much about it could attract bad things.)

- pa merak, po ti naj gja kshu ;), naj pelqim apo hyq hyq

--> No worry. What about you? Any "liking" (meaning "Is there somebody you like or are attracted to?") or nothing?

Hercules Grytpype-Thynne

English - U.S.
    --> Ok very good/Thank God, I'm not gonna talk anymore, because "we could fall victim to a sorcery". Difficult to translate, but the main point is that the situation is good and he/she hopes there won't be any problems. Like when someone is experiencing a good period and is afraid something bad might happen if he/she isn't cautious enough. Hence the "I'm not gonna talk anymore" (As if talking too much about it could attract bad things.)
    I might translate "I don't want to jinx anything".

< Previous | Next >