all adjustments will be lost

stellina06

Southern Italy; Italian
Hello everybody!
I am wondering how to translate the sentence "All the adjustments made to the current document will be lost".

It's the message the computer gives when, for example, you try to get out of a software without saving, so what you have been doing until that moment is lost.

I don't even know whether the sentence is right in English, as I actually have got it in Italian: "Tutte le modifiche apportate al documento corrente saranno perse".

I thought of: "Tout ajustement fait au document courant va être perdu", but I'm not sure at all...

Waiting for your kind and surely useful replies, I thank you in advance and I wish you a good day!
Laila

• myrrh

French/Arabic
    Hello everybody!
    I am wondering how to translate the sentence "All the adjustments made to the current document will be lost".

It's the message the computer gives when, for example, you try to get out of a software without saving, so what you have been doing until that moment is lost.

I don't even know whether the sentence is right in English, as I actually have got it in Italian: "Tutte le modifiche apportate al documento corrente saranno perse".

I thought of: "Tout ajustement fait au document courant va être perdu", but I'm not sure at all...

Waiting for your kind and surely useful replies, I thank you in advance and I wish you a good day!
    Laila
    1- Since i understand italian, i can tell you the english translation is perfectly correct

2- The french translation could be: "Toute modification effectuée au document actuel/présent sera perdue.."

stellina06

Southern Italy; Italian
    Thanks a lot Sel&Poivre and Myrrh!
    You both gave me great help!
    Now I know that my translation into English is good as well!
    Thanks again and have a good day!
    Laila
    :D

Enipled

France French
    En français, on voit souvent pus simplement, sur les boîtes de dialogue :
    "êtes vous sûr de vouloir quitter ? Toutes les modifications seront perdues".

Tout dépend de l'utilisation que vous faites de votre traduction.
    Les réponses de Sel et POivre et myrrh sont parfaitement exactes.
    Cependant, "toute modification" traduit selon moi "any adjustment"
    "all adjustments" = "toutes les modifications"

Mais c'est du "détail" ;)

< Previous | Next >