all being well

Azazel81

Italy - Italian
Hi guys,

last week I was translating an agreement between my company and one of our distributors.

I have to say that this time OUR lawyer wrote down the original version (in English)... you know.. he's a lawyer and he's been in america for a long time...

Anyway, at a certain point he wrote:

"XXXX will co-operate with the Distributor by supplying the Products within the delivery times in XXXX written confirmation order, all being well ."

I already translated the first part of the sentence but what really drove me insane is the underlined part "all being well".

What could that be? Could it be a wrong attempt at translating "in buona fede"? Or is it something different? But most of all, does such expression exist and make sense in this context or is it just me not understanding its meaning?

Thank you all in advance.

• Azazel81

Italy - Italian
    All being well, letteralmente = andando bene tutto.

Si può tradurre con se tutto va bene.
    Yeah, I know this.. but this is an agreement.. something official and it doesn't definitely fit into this context.

Is this expression common for you in this context? Would you use it that way?

Einstein

UK, English
    You're right that it sounds rather informal for this context and imprecise for a formal agreement. In more formal language maybe you could say something like "salvo contrattempi". Certainly there's no other meaning for "all being well".

Last edited:

rocamadour

Italian
    Ciao a tutti! :)
    Concordo con il suggerimento di Einstein salvo contrattempi (in alternativa salvo complicazioni o salvo imprevisti).

< Previous | Next >