All dialects: in spite of you (whether you like it or not)

Hemza

French, Mor/Hijz Arabic (heritage)
Hello,

How is expressed in other dialects, "in spite of you"?

In Morocco, we have a pretty violent expression, it's "بالسيف عليك" :D and I think Algerians use it too. Now, there is this verb in Morocco, but I don't know exactly if it's used in this context, it's بِزّ (it's the idea to force someone).

In Hassania though, it's either بالسيف عليك or much more frequent, لا بد منك (also used to mean "you must do").

Thank you.

Last edited:
  • tounsi51

French, Tunisian Arabic
    In Morocco, we have a pretty violent expression, it's "بالسيف عليك" :D and I think Algerians use it too. Now, there is this verb in Morocco, but I don't know exactly if it's used in this context, it's بِزّ (it's the idea to force someone).
    Do Moroccan say also بزاز and بذراع

Hemza

French, Mor/Hijz Arabic (heritage)
    Do Moroccan say also بزاز and بذراع
    Yep but as I don't use those one, I haven't thought to put them here, thank you ya si tounsi :).

Sorry for the double thread, as I looked for the expression I used in my title and haven't found anything, I started a new thread (and I completely forgot I've already replied to the one you quoted :rolleyes: ).

I think what is meant by "بالسيف عليك" is "against your will," "whether you like it or not,"
    Yes, this is my point

< Previous | Next >