All dialects: Shave one's head/electric shaver

< Previous | Next >

eac

USA, English
Salaamaat,

I would like to know how to say "shave one's head" in different dialects (Egyptian especially would be appreciated) and the name of the electric tool used for such a thing.

Shukran!

• Finland

finnois
    Hello!

I would like to know how to say "shave one's head" in different dialects (Egyptian especially would be appreciated) and the name of the electric tool used for such a thing.
    In Algeria, the verbs I remember hearing for this are تحفف "t7affaf" and دار بولازيرو "dar boule à zéro".

HTH
    S

londonmasri

English
    In Egyptian dialect a very common way (although I'm not sure if it is out of date) is to say 3a-zzeero .ع الزيرو

cherine

Arabic (Egypt).
    It's perfectly correct to say 3az-ziiro in Egyptian Arabic. It's when you totally shave your head.

As for the electric tool, it's ماكينة حلاقة كهربا/ماكينة حلاقة بالكهربا so you need to specify that it uses electricity to deferentiate between it and the other non-electric tool.

Hemza

French, Mor/Hijz Arabic (heritage)
    Hello,

In Morocco we use "حسّن" :D

As for the tool, I don't know but I guess "مكيمة (ديال/تاع ال) تحسِن" is used.

tounsi51

French, Tunisian Arabic
    We use the verb قَرِع in Tunisian Arabic and the electric tool is called ماكينة الحجامة

< Previous | Next >