all hot in the biscuit to get off

< Previous | Next >

Dark_Fury

Russian
Hi. In a movie I'm watching that is called Requiem for a Dream, two heroin addicts consumed everything they had last night and are now in pain.
Woman: Well, you have to do something. It’s your fault we don’t have something for the morning.
Man; What are you talking about?
Woman: You were all hot in the biscuit to get off last night.
Could you please explain the woman's words in bold? I can get the general idea: she's implying her boyfriend wanted to get injected, so they got drugged because of him, although the wording leaves me confused.

Please note that the real story was, she woke him up in the middle of night and said it was about time they did heroin and he tried to persuade her to leave something for the morning.

Thank you in advance!

• Barque

Tamil
    It sounds to me as if she's saying: You were eager to have sex last night. (And perhaps he needed to get high to perform?)

Dark_Fury

Russian
    I'm not certain but most likely the get off means get drugged in this context, as they seem to use "push off" to mean "get high".

But anyway do you have any idea what biscuits have to do with being eager, Mr Barque?

Barque

Tamil
    I haven't heard biscuit used in that context before but with terms like these, there doesn't have to be an obvious connection.

Roxxxannne

English (northeastern US)
    Sometimes I suspect that scriptwriters make up phrases like 'all hot in the biscuit' and include them in dialogue with the hope that the movie will be a hit and the phrase will come to have some actual, agreed-upon meaning among viewers.

Ponyprof

Canadian English
    It seems to clearly be about drug supply. Sex tends to become less urgent than heroin for serious addicts.

It's not a common phrase but could be a regional usage. They could be using a term usually applied to sex, to apply to craving for drugs.

There's an overlap between sex slang and drugs slang. "Get off" can apply to either.

Hans in Texas

US English
    The French forum recently featured the phrase “tremper son biscuit” meaning to have sex(for a man). Literally, the phrase means to dip his cookie, a reference to a favorite French breakfast, pastry with a bowl of coffee with cream.

< Previous | Next >