All in One Closet

England

China
This is for an inventions project. I submitted the title (along with other work) to the teacher and gave her this title, Le Placard Tous dans Un, and she said she'll help me correct at a later date (after saying it's not really correct). THen she went on a lil trip LOL so now I woud like to ask if any of you guys know the correct translation

I'll taken a look with the dictionary about "All in One' which translates to Tout dans Un so now my guess is "Le Placard Tout dans Un"

Ask me for any additional information that you believe is necessary, thanks.

EDIT: I checked wordreference's dictionary and found out that for clothes the correct term for 'closet' is 'la penderie' and that placard meant it's a cupboard? I'm using closet as a place of storage for clothes. To be more specific I'm using a rotating circular bar and hanging clothes from it (as part of my invention)
I know this is actually 2 questions but lol if you clarify the difference so I can use the right term for the title, great =P

I'll go with "La Penderie Tout Dans Un" now

• Julz

D'abord, un placard tout en un...
    I'm not sure what you mean exactly but all in one? Is it that it serves many purposes, or that everything is built into it?

England

China
    Well it's an invention project so we are going to have this invention to:
    wash, clean, dry, bursh your teeth, dress, coiffure hair, etc.

So it's an All-In-One Closet (closet being the term we, our group, decided to use, so we are expanding the actual 'use' of a closet, not use storing clothes) In fact it kind of replaces a washroom and a closet.

Julz

Oh when I saw the title of the post I was thinking along the lines of "tout dans un placard", completely different meaning to the post content lol.

Ah, I'm not sure how to explain the difference... You often have things like a broom, dustpan or ironing board in a placard, clothes normally in a penderie...

Um you could try un petit jeu de mots if you want... Une penderie-à-tout :D

England

China
    Do you mean play on words or word game? =P

Also I have a textbook (from school) saying a 5 in 1 glasses and it's translation is Les Lunettes 5 Dans 1, so I took 1. It's sentence structre (So noun first) and 2. the 'dans' portion.

England

China
    Oh when I saw the title of the post I was thinking along the lines of "tout dans un placard", completely different meaning to the post content lol.

Ah, I'm not sure how to explain the difference... You often have things like a broom, dustpan or ironing board in a placard, clothes normally in a penderie...

Um you could try un petit jeu de mots if you want... Une penderie-à-tout :D

is that supposed to mean "a closet in all?" Lol I'm sorry I don't get the expression/play on words (I'm talking about the bolded words)

< Previous | Next >