"All prices subject to delivery"

man_on_the_moon

Japanese
Hello.

When "All prices subject to delivery" is added in fine print below a price list,
what does it mean?

Does it mean you need to pay "delivery charge" in addition to the prices listed above?

Thank you.

• Copyright

American English
    I would imagine that's what it means, although it would be clearer to say: Prices do not include delivery charges. "Where did you see this?" he said, putting on his Context Hat and toying with his whip. :)

man_on_the_moon

Japanese
    Thank you, Copyright for your quick reply. (I remember you answered my question before. :) )

>"Where did you see this?"

I'm very sorry but I can't show the exact source because of something like confidentiality. So I'll try to explain the context. In the list, there are items sold, prices of each item +VAT(value-added tax). And then below the list there's this ""All prices subject to delivery."

I think your guess is right but now that you has gotten the clearer context, what do you think?

Copyright

American English
    Thank you for the context... I see VAT, so that's a clue that it's probably Britain rather than Bangladesh. My answer still stands with the new context. They don't want you thinking the price includes delivery.

man_on_the_moon

Japanese
    Thank you, Copyright!

>so that's a clue that it's probably Britain rather than Bangladesh

Is it a joke or something? Maybe I'm slow. hehe Yes, the seller is in UK.

Copyright

American English
    A small joke, but serious in the sense that I know that Britain has VAT and Bangladesh (and most other civilized countries don't). So your context was enough to identify Britain and that, in turn, was enough to tell me it was an English-speaking country. We live off scraps of context here. :)

< Previous | Next >