All requirements are applied on me

< Previous | Next >

economistegypt2010

Arabic, العربية
All requirements are applied on me.
Is correct to say that in English?

The clarification:
I've applied to a job. I'd like to say to someone that all requirements are applied on me. (I might be the right candidate for holding this job)

• Bevj

Allegra Moderata (Sp/Eng, Cat)
    English (U.K.)
    All requirements are applied on me.:cross: This doesn't make sense.

I'd say 'I meet all the job's requirements'. / 'I meet all the requirements for the job'.

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    No, it is wrong - you possess [the]requirements.
    Just seen Bevj's - another option.

Last edited:

boozer

Bulgarian
    I have been wondering, Economist, how you are always able to come up with something that creative :) You comply with all requirements - I believe this is another option. But your version is not meaningless - all requirements are applied on me - I think it tells me something. In its own way it tells me that you think you are receiving unfair treatment. Maybe you believe that you should only meet "some" of the requirements. Instead, they want you to meet "all" the requirements - they apply all of their requirements on you. :) Of course, that is not a very likely or fluent thing to say but... :)

Myridon

English - US
    But your version is not meaningless - all requirements are applied on me - I think it tells me something.
    I don't think so. The only things I can think of that can be applied on a person are lotion, make-up, etc, even then "The lotion is applied on me." seems awkward.

boozer

Bulgarian
    I was thinking more along the lines of:

... there are cost-of-living constraints that are applied on military and civil service retirees... (COCA)
    or
    ... cultural practices and traditions that are applied on women... (COCA)

And then I did say I did not find it particularly fluent. :)

< Previous | Next >