all the ice cream you can eat

< Previous | Next >

VicNicSor

Banned
Russian
- I’ve always wanted to spend the day in an ice cream van, Ash. Just think, all the ice cream you can eat. It’s going to be great.
BBC video

I don't quite get what he means. Seems like some omitted parts are implied, like:
all the ice cream you can eat --> all the ice cream (that) you can eat --> all the ice cream (that) you can eat (is available to you).
Am I right?
Thank you.

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    Just think of the concept of all the ice cream you can eat. It’s going to be great.

VicNicSor

Banned
    Russian
    Just think of the concept of all the ice cream you can eat. It’s going to be great.
    But look: the concept of all the ice cream you can eat is not a sentence, it's a phrase. Could you think of a whole sentence that phrase implies? Or is there none?

Myridon

English - US
    But look: the concept of all the ice cream you can eat is not a sentence, it's a phrase. Could you think of a whole sentence that phrase implies? Or is there none?
    "Just think of the concept... " is a whole imperative sentence.

e2efour

UK English
    I think Paul's idea is close. Just think of it, all the ice cream you can eat.
    Here all ... eat refers to it.

Just think =
    Just think of (the situation where you have) all the ice cream you could eat.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    Of course it is not a sentence. The sentence is

...Just.......................think of..........................the concept of all the ice cream you can eat
    Adverb... imperative phrasal verb (transitive).........................object.

< Previous | Next >