"...all you want to do at 16 is cry and put your dick in someone"

asclepios

french
Hello

I know the meaning of the word but I'm really wondering what Adam Pearson meant when he said (talking about what dating advice he'd give a 16-year old with disability) : " When you're that age, identity is a real big thing anyway,you're trying to get qualified you got adults asking you what you want to be when you grow up because what you are now simply will not do, and all you want to do at 16 is cry and put your dick in someone and I suppose having a disability kind of compounded that slightly because I had all the normal teenage anxiety coupled with a lot of hospital visits, surgeries and what have you... "
So unless this is a phrase that means something I've never heard before,and I would imagine something like : all you want at 16 is to be left alone, but I'm so baffled , I don't what to make of this !

• asclepios

french
    As I said I know the meaning of the word but I could hardly believe that he would use such crude language in what appears to be an interview unless the phrase meant something else ,some kind of idiomatic phrase , which it obviously isn't , judging by your responses !

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    As I said I know the meaning of the word but I could hardly believe that he would use such crude language in what appears to be an interview unless the phrase meant something else ,some kind of idiomatic phrase , which it obviously isn't , judging by your responses !
    Yes, it means what you've guessed it means - but who was he giving the interview to, please? You haven't told us that, and sometimes things like that make a difference to the choice of words someone is using.

asclepios

french
    I've just found the answer to that question as it was not possible to tell from te video where only Adam Pearson appears. In a vlog for HuffPost UK's new section, Everybody, Adam Pearson discusses the advice he would give his 16-year-old self on dating and living ... Advice I'd Give My 16-Year-Old Self On Dating And Disability ... Conversations.

asclepios

french
    And i was also confused because he had used the very same word in a different context and with a different meaning earlier on when he said that the advice he'd give to a 16-year-old about dating is "don't be a dick" seems like the word is pretty much used by natives;)

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    I've just found the answer to that question as it was not possible to tell from te video where only Adam Pearson appears. In a vlog for HuffPost UK's new section, Everybody, Adam Pearson discusses the advice he would give his 16-year-old self on dating and living ... Advice I'd Give My 16-Year-Old Self On Dating And Disability ... Conversations.
    Yes indeed, I'd say that's the sort of thing a 16-year old would say nowadays to one of his mates when they were talking about dating. :)

< Previous | Next >