Allemand scolaire rapidement perfectible

Mancub

Français, French
Hello,

I try to find a correct translation to express my level in German in my resume. I am looking for one of these special sentences - if you see!? :)
I have learned german at school for 8 or 9 years but have never really practiced outside school.
In french >> Allemand scolaire rapidement perfectible.
My proposition in english
>> Academic german, quickly improvable/perfectible
or Quickly improvable academic german (a bit heavy to me...)

Thank you for your propositions?

• Mancub

Français, French
    I want to emphasise the notion of the courses level - more than saying it is 'proper' language. Does 'academic' suit? An other synonim maybe?
    "ability to improve rapidly" sounds good.

ascoltate

U.S.A. & Canada, English
    Extensive coursework in German. (or "schoolbook German", but that sounds less impressive...).
    I think, since we usually don't say where we learned a language, but rather something like "Proficient German" or "Fluent German", that if you say "coursework" it will be implied that you would need work to improve it, but that you have a base...

Merpero

English-United Kingdom
    Peut être tu pourrais utiliser le mot "potential",

"I have an extensive knowledge of and thorough grounding in academic German, and I am confident that, with the right opportunities, I have the potential to quickly develop this into a fluent, practical and useful ability to communicate in German in a variety of real-life situations".

Est-ce que c'est trop verbeux?

Mancub

Français, French
    Extensive coursework in German. (or "schoolbook German", but that sounds less impressive...).
    I think, since we usually don't say where we learned a language, but rather something like "Proficient German" or "Fluent German", that if you say "coursework" it will be implied that you would need work to improve it, but that you have a base...
    Yes coursework is the word I need! - I think I will use "Considerable coursework in German, ...".

Mancub

Français, French
    Peut être tu pourrais utiliser le mot "potential",

"I have an extensive knowledge of and thorough grounding in academic German, and I am confident that, with the right opportunities, I have the potential to quickly develop this into a fluent, practical and useful ability to communicate in German in a variety of real-life situations".

Est-ce que c'est trop verbeux?
    Oui, trop verbeux (je viens d'apprendre un mot français!) pour un cv. Une phrase courte et percutante d'une ligne est plus appropriée. Cependant j'apprécie beaucoup la syntaxe de ta phrase dont je ne manquerai pas de m'inspirer!

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >