allocated bucket

Hakkar

Italian
Hello everyone.

What does "allocated bucket" mean in this sentence?

Thanks in advance.

In the latest version of MobileGenius, should a customer choose to purchase their old hard drive, you’ll see an increase in the part price.
KBB Keeper parts will move out of inventory from the Allocated bucket when the repair is transacted.
There is no need to submit service part escalations for part movements.

• Barque

Tamil
    A "bucket" here means "category" or "bracket". "Allocated bucket" here means the category that has been assigned to the parts.

I don't understand what the sentence means as a whole however.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    I'm a bit lost here. MobileGenius seems to be a British internet based firm selling secondhand mobile phones - this does not link with (a) the style of English used, (b) the mention of hard drives... Can you help us?

Hakkar

Italian
    This is the whole sentence:

New KBB Process Affects Your Customer Conversations
    Per the repair terms and conditions, Apple keeps parts replaced during a repair. However, as a courtesy, Apple has historically allowed our customers to retain their old hard drive. A new enhancement to MobileGenius changes the KBB Keeper process from a manual process to a systematic process. Along with this change comes a cost associated with KBB Keeper.

In the latest version of MobileGenius, should a customer choose to purchase their old hard drive, you’ll see an increase in the part price. KBB Keeper parts will move out of inventory from the

Allocated bucket when the repair is transacted. There is no need to submit service part escalations for part movements.

Hakkar

Italian
    I'm a bit puzzled. Do the repair parts get placed in the inventory from the allocated bucket? I don't understand the sentence quite well.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    I think you could help us by answering #3 and telling us what KBB Keeper is. :thumbsup:

< Previous | Next >