allocations agreed upfront

< Previous | Next >

oasis_angel

Arabic
Hello,

I really find it difficult to translate the following into French, can anyone help?
"The EPTG costs were based on approved Service Work Orders(SWO), with the allocations agreed upfront, based on time spent."

I gave it a try but you may laugh at me:eek:
" Les coûts d' EPTG ont été basés sur des Ordres de Services de Travaux (SWO) approuvés, avec ........... basé sur le temps passé" ???

Please correct my mistakes.
Merci

• Quaeitur

French
    ...avec les subventions convenues d'avances, basées sur le temps passé.

au prix convenu d'avance, au prorata du temps passé.

Subvention would be appropriate in the case of work paid by the government, otherwise, prix could be an option with a more general meaning.
    I am also understanding the sentence as meaning that the work will be paid depending on the number of hours spent (duh!), hence prorata.

wildan1

Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)
    English - USA
    Hello,

I really find it difficult to translate the following into French, can anyone help?
    "The EPTG costs were based on approved Service Work Orders(SWO), with the allocations agreed upfront, based on time spent."

I gave it a try but you may laugh at me:eek:
    " Les coûts d' EPTG ont été basés sur des Ordres de Services de Travaux (SWO) approuvés, avec ........... basé sur le temps passé" ???

Please correct my mistakes.
    Merci
    l'enveloppe déterminée à l'avance peut-être ?

oasis_angel

Arabic
    ...avec les subventions convenues d'avances, basées sur le temps passé.

au prix convenu d'avance, au prorata du temps passé.

Subvention would be appropriate in the case of work paid by the government, otherwise, prix could be an option with a more general meaning.
    I am also understanding the sentence as meaning that the work will be paid depending on the number of hours spent (duh!), hence prorata.
    Hi Quaitur and many thanks to all,
    les allocations dans ce texte veut dire: les attributions, les imputations.
    J'ai essayé encore de traduire et voilà ou je me trouve( can we say that in French?):
    "Les coûts d’EPTG ont été basés sur des Ordres de travail (WO) approuvés, avec des imputations effectuées et approuvées d'avance, basées sur le temps consommé.
    You were right when you said that work will be paid according to time spent :)

Quaeitur

French
    Are you translating allocations with imputations effectuées? Otherwise, I don't see where the effectuées comes from.

I think that Wildan's enveloppe is the right term here for allocations, and au prorata du temps passé the most professional sounding translation for based on time spent.

Overall, the patched up phrase would be
    Les coûts d’EPTG ont été basés sur des Ordres de travail (WO) approuvés, avec l'enveloppe déterminée d'avance, au prorata du temps passé.

oasis_angel

Arabic
    Are you translating allocations with imputations effectuées? Otherwise, I don't see where the effectuées comes from.

I think that Wildan's enveloppe is the right term here for allocations, and au prorata du temps passé the most professional sounding translation for based on time spent.

Overall, the patched up phrase would be
    Les coûts d’EPTG ont été basés sur des Ordres de travail (WO) approuvés, avec l'enveloppe déterminée d'avance, au prorata du temps passé.
    Sounds great,and this is the first time I realise that it's possible to use the word "Enveloppe" !
    I'll go ahead with your final translation.
    Merci infiniment :)

< Previous | Next >