allowed unprecedented access

< Previous | Next >

Michael30000

Russian
Hello everyone,

The narrator in a documentary about Nic Hamilton says:

"The Hamilton family has allowed unprecedented access as Nic embarks on a career as a racing driver."

Does it imply unprecedented access for journalists?

Thank you.

• owlman5

English-US
    Does it imply unprecedented access for journalists?
    It implies unprecedented access for any outsider who is especially interested in Nic Hamilton and his family. If he's some sort of central figure in a documentary, Nic may be interesting or important enough to interest journalists who write for newspapers or other news sources.

I'm not sure whether people who make documentaries always refer to themselves as "journalists", however. I've never made a documentary, and I'm not a journalist.

Schimmelreiter

Deutsch
    Absent context (Are journalists mentioned before?), I'd assume the Hamilton family allowed the makers of the documentary unprecedented access.

Michael30000

Russian
    Thank you, owlman5.

Absent context (Are journalists mentioned before?), I'd assume the Hamilton family allowed the makers of the documentary unprecedented access.
    Thank you, Schimmelreiter.

Well, before that the narrator says that Nic has decided to participate in the Clio cup aiming for the big time although he has never raced a car in his life.
    Then Nic says: "Years ago I’d never even be thinking about doing anything like that." And after that the narrator says the sentence in question.

Journalists have not been mentioned before.

< Previous | Next >