Almost every

aliceinchains

Australia, English
Is there an expression for 'almost every'; can you say 'quasi ogni', it sounds wrong; i.e. In Australia you can play almost every sport that exists:

In Australia si puo giocare a quasi ogni sport che esiste

I don't know how to fix this.

Thanks

• firstcapt

Italy - Italian
    They're both right. Maybe the one that sounds better is "quasi tutti gli sport che esistono"

Bye

oloap

italy italian
    Among these translations I prefer the last option chosen by "firstcapt" but we can also say:

"In australia puoi giocare a quasi tutti gli sport esistenti"
    ..."a quasi ogni sport ivi esistente"
    ..."a quasi tutti gli sport che vengono lì praticati"
    ...."a circa tutti gli sport lì praticati"
    ...."ad all'incirca tutti gli sport giocati"

sparkes4

English - UK
    Ciao!

I'm trying to say something along these lines...

'Almost every restaurant and bar has a large outdoor area so that the customers can still smoke'

'Quasi ognuno ristorante e bar hanno le grande zone all'aperto affinché i clienti possano ancora fumare'

Grazie!

Freigeist

Italiano - Italia
    You can also say:

Quasi tutti i bar e i ristoranti hanno un'ampia zona/area all'aperto dove i clienti possono ancora fumare.

bye

joanvillafane

U.S. English
    NEW QUESTION:

I have the same doubt about "almost every day." I just did a search and found no results for "quasi tutti i giorni." There was one result that had "quasi tutti giorni" but I'd like to know what Forum members would say.

I'm talking about the weather and I'd like to say: Here we're enjoying mild weather and I can go out for my walk almost every day.

Qui approfittiamo del bel tempo e riesco ad andare fuori a camminare quasi tutti i giorni.

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

cercolumi

italiano
    Hi Charles. :)
    Yes it works and it's correct but in this sentence I'd choice to use "quasi tutti i giorni". It sounds better to me.

Odysseus54

Mod huc mod illuc
    Italian - Marche
    I see that - the source is good, but that example perplexes me nonetheless.

In Italian, if you say 'approfittano del bel tempo', you are almost certainly introducing something else, say '... per andare al mare '.

In English, if you say ' we are enjoying mild weather ', you are just saying that the weather is mild, and you are saying that with a sense of appreciation, right ?

You little ripper!

Australian English
    Definitely! Moreover, it rolls off the tongue smoothly. (It rolls off the tongue smoothly?? Is that English? :eek:)
    ... posso uscire (per la mia passeggiata / per una passeggiata / a passeggiare / a camminare) quasi ogni giorno.
    Yes, Pat, you can say that it rolls off the tongue smoothly. :)

< Previous | Next >