alta baja militar

nieblashadow

Italian
Hello everybody,
Can someone help me? How do you translate:

ALTA (MILITAR) and BAJA (MILITAR)?

I'm translating a military certificate, and I'm quite lost....
Thank you!!

• nieblashadow

Italian
    Thabnk you for your quick reply!!
    it's actually a table in a military service certificate, with two columns of dates: when he started to serve and when he ended. I was thinking of translating ALTA as CHECK IN and BAJA as CHECK OUT. How's that?
    Thank you again very much!!!

it's actually a table in a military service certificate, with two columns of dates: when he started to serve and when he ended. I was thinking of translating ALTA as CHECK IN and BAJA as CHECK OUT. How's that?
    Hi,

Given your context, no... "Check in" and "Check out" don't really convey the true meaning.

In the US, the date somebody begins military service is usually called their induction date. The date they end their military service is called their discharge date.

I hope this is useful to you... regards.

gengo

American English
    Given your context, no... "Check in" and "Check out" don't really convey the true meaning.

In the US, the date somebody begins military service is usually called their induction date. The date they end their military service is called their discharge date.
    I agree completely. Check in/out and on/off duty refer to daily situations (e.g., I am on duty at 0800 and off duty at 1600).

< Previous | Next >