although he is an international movie star

hly2004

Banned
chinese
Hi, everyone:

Although he is an international movie star, he never _____his fame in front of the media reporters.

More explanation:
Some stars look down upon the media. They refuse to comment. They don't allow photography.etc.
Here I want to find a verbial phrase to express the idea that he never treat others unequally because of his fame.

Could I say "he never put on his fame in front of the reporters"?
Although I know there is a saying "put on airs", I want to combine the "fame" and "put on airs" and is commonly used to describe the behavior of a celebrity.
Best wishes

• Tabac

U. S. - English
    Hi, everyone:

Although he is an international movie star, he never _____his fame in front of the media reporters.

More explanation:
    Some stars look down upon the media. They refuse to comment. They don't allow photography.etc.
    Here I want to find a verbial phrase to express the idea that he never treat others unequally because of his fame.

Could I say "he never put on his fame in front of the reporters"?
    Although I know there is a saying "put on airs", I want to combine the "fame" and "put on airs" and is commonly used to describe the behavior of a celebrity.
    Best wishes
    lauds, promotes, shows off, (Darn it! There is one word in the back of my head that just isn't coming up, and I think it's the very word you want! I'll get back to you.)

timpeac

English (England)
    "Parades" was what first occurred to me.

I think "flaunts" is a bit strange because you "flaunt" something in front of someone who hasn't got it (like a rich person might flaunt their money in front of others). The media don't "care" as such if he is famous, they just report what is so although parading his fame in front of the media might have the knock-on effect of flaunting it front of others when they read the paper it seems to me he is simply (not) parading, or showing off, initially in front of the media.

< Previous | Next >