Although I knew photographs <are not allowed>, the masterpiece was so impressive that I almost took one.

dongyoungkim

Scott
I have some question about "English Tense" [Topic question added to post]
Who in Rome could miss out on a chance to visit Vatican City, the place where the Pope lives? [...] I was overwhelmed, however, by the collection of sculptures and paintings in the Vatican Museums. The Creation of Adam, one of Michelangelo's masterpieces, on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, still lingers in my mind. Although I knew photographs are not allowed, the masterpiece was so impressive that I almost took one.
[Quoted text reduced to the permitted maximum. DonnyB - moderator]

1. Although I knew photographs are not allowed, the masterpiece was so impressive that I almost took one.

2. Although I knew photographs were not allowed, the masterpiece was so impressive that I almost took one.

3. Although I knew photographs have not been allowed, the masterpiece was so impressive that I almost took one.

4. Although I knew photographs had not been allowed, the masterpiece was so impressive that I almost took one.

I want to know which of these sentences are correct. please explain of individual sentences more easily and logically.
{Supplementary request removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • < Previous | Next >