Although I was happy to see him..

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by mooncake, Jan 4, 2009.

1. mooncake New Member

Germany
    English
    Although I was happy to see him, my good intentions were unfortunately not reciprocated..

my attempt:
    Bien que je fusse heureuse de lui voir, ma bonne volonté ne a pas rendu malheureusement..

I'm sure there are many errors in this? Any help would be very much appreciated..:)

2. thierry1222 Member

france
    french- france
    Hello mooncake,
    Je dirais "Bien que j'étais heureux(se) de le voir, mes bonnes intentions n'étaient malheuresement pas réciproque"

3. NY-RJ Member

Brasil
    English (NY,USA) & Português (RJ,Brasil)

Hi there!
    I know it's been a couple of months since this thread was created, but I was just looking at it and couldn't help noticing one detail that made me think:

Wouldn't it be réciproques (with an s at the end), since it refers to bonnes intentions?

4. lidboymk2 Senior Member

Annecy
    English
    I have just seen this thread and was talking about the subjunctive, when my son said that one can use the imperfect after a que instead of the subjunctive, as in bien que j'etais triste, c'est ca
    Merci

5. Monomotapa7 Senior Member

French (France)
    Malgré ma joie de la revoir

6. lidboymk2 Senior Member

Annecy
    English
    Thanks I have just put another thread on to try to really understand the use of the subjunctive in the past. Merci, peut-etre vous pouvez m'aider?

7. Lifeisacabaret

Lifeisacabaret Senior Member

France
    English
    Could you post a link to it here - it would be useful thanks