...although they are getting less wrong every day

Honza

Czech / Czech Republic
Hello, do you understand the last, underlined, sentence of the following section:

Their original position was that an enterprise didn't need LMSs at all, since the ERP could handle all of the functionality. They were wrong, although they are getting less wrong every day.

Could you help me understand it? Thanks

• Little_Me

Poland, Polish
    Honza said:
    Hello, do you understand the last, underlined, sentence of the following section:

Their original position was that an enterprise didn't need LMSs at all, since the ERP could handle all of the functionality. They were wrong, although they are getting less wrong every day.

Could you help me understand it? Thanks
    Hi Honza!
    It means that they are still wrong, but day by day, they're getting more right (less wrong- more right), So it suggests that they're making a progress and although they're still mistaken, they are on the good way to be right about something, probably beacuse the situations is changing, I guess.
    Greetings

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    I can guess:D

They originally believed that LMS functionality would be part of ERP, hence a separate LMS would be unnecessary.

They were wrong (presumably they discovered that the ERP did not include all the LMS features considered necessary.

However, ERPs are evolving rapidly to encompass the functionality of LMS, so that in time all the required functionality will be available from within an ERP - and a separate LMS will be unnecessary.

As this evolution continues, although they were initially wrong, the gap between required LMS features and those available from ERP is reducing all the time (every day is figurative, not literal).

< Previous | Next >