although

xxana

Hello

I wrote this sentence in a translation into English and I would like to make sure that although is properly used:

A further well-known example – although identified as a forgery from the 17th century – can be found at the Rijksmuseum van Oudheden in Leiden.

Thanks a lot!

• Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    I wrote this sentence in a translation into English and I would like to make sure that although is properly used:

A further well-known example – although identified as a forgery from the 17th century – can be found at the Rijksmuseum van Oudheden in Leiden.
    It sounds probably right, but that may depend on what came before, Xxana. A further example of what? (My guess would be a style, or the work of a particular artist, from before the 17th century.)

Wil_Estel

It sounds right, but doesn't look right. I think you are better off with two commas than dashes.

A further Another well-known example, although identified as a forgery from the 17th century, can be found at the Rijksmuseum van Oudheden in Leiden.

By the way, what do you mean by "a forgery from the 17th century"? It was made in 17th century?

< Previous | Next >