Alvin Michael Sarael

alvinthegreat

filipino
Can I make a request? Can you translate my full name?

Alvin Michael Sarael

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

I just want to know what my name would be in Japanese. If ever it's possible. Writing my name in katakana is good but it would be better if I could also write my name in kanji. Thanks for all your help. It would be very appreciated.

Can you include how to read it too? Or is it still the same as reading my name in English?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • kewongjapan

english
    Musta Alvin!

Alvin Michael Sarael in katakana
    アルビン・マイケル・サラエル
    Pronounced
    A RU BI N • MA I KE RU • SA RA E RU

I hope you know in Japanese, 'R' is pronounced as 'L'

You can also write your name Alvin as アルヴィン. This will be pronounced A RU VI N. But you will find some Japanese people will struggle with pronouncing "V"

As for writing your name in Kanji, it is quite a strange request. It does not work like Chinese, where you can transliterate the vowels in your name to 'suitable characters' Do you have a nickname maybe?

alvinthegreat

filipino
    I heard there are japanese language professionals that can translate foreign names into japanese. Nevertheless, i already know the katakana. I was hoping if my name could be translated to japanese.

Last edited:

Demurral

BCN
    Catalan, Spanish
    Hello Alvin!
    I have read too about these you-call-them professionals of the japanese language. I just wanted to say that they do not "translate" the names, but they transliterate in kanji, even "forcing" some readings.

It would be easier if your name is XAVI (mine^^) 茶火 "fire made from tee" XDXD.

hope somebody could help you!

alvinthegreat

filipino
    Thanks for the info bro. I already have information regarding that. A japanese school in our city is offering to translate names into japanese with respective kanji. I'll drop by there sometime. I also heard they only translate your name if you know to talk to them in japanese. But i think i can persuade them since i have confidence in my japanese speaking skills.

Last edited: